I'm trying to figure out if there is a word that means "both hilarious and terrifying." Thank you.
Although informal and not official, hilarifying fits:
- An absolutely horrifying situation that one still finds hilarious.
A slightly tongue-in-cheek solution would be to say "it's a scream!"
Colloquially this is a (mildly) dated way of saying it's hilarious, but the screaming part can also imply terror.
See for example It's a scream! A horror-bly funny comedy
Officially, Freakish would have the correct definition you're looking for.
Freakish via TheFreeDictionary
- Markedly unusual or abnormal; strange: freakish weather; a freakish combination of styles.
- Relating to or being a freak: a freakish extra toe.
- Capricious or whimsical.
I'm not sure you'll get much better without simply using both words, as they're not often related. Ambivalent emotions would describe the contradicting feeling.
Ambivalent Via Dictionary.com
- Having mixed feelings about someone or something; being unable to choose between two (usually opposing) courses of action: The whole family was ambivalent about the move to the suburbs. She is regarded as a morally ambivalent character in the play.
- Psychology. of or relating to the coexistence within an individual of positive and negative feelings toward the same person, object, or action, simultaneously drawing him or her in opposite directions.