There is a word for the meaning "Something is about to happen" and it ends with "age". And I have not used it for a very long time so forgot it. Can someone help me out with it??

  • 2
    Perhaps you mean presage? – michael.hor257k Feb 1 '17 at 19:49
  • 1
    Exactly, that's the word I was looking for. Thanks so much. – Arun Rajachandar R Feb 1 '17 at 19:51

As noted in (possibly ephemeral) comments, the OP was seeking the word presage, defined in Merriam-Webster as:

1: something that foreshadows or portends a future event : omen

2: an intuition or feeling of what is going to happen in the future

3 archaic: prognostication

4: warning or indication of the future

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.