I am trying to write the sound of a pool break. Something like "thwock", but I need some input to capture it best.

  • 3
    There's a nice website called WrittenSound.com (an Onomatopoeia dictionary) that doesn't have that exactly named sound but lots of others to explore for inspiration! writtensound.com/index.php?term=t – Kristina Lopez Dec 30 '16 at 23:31
  • 2
    Does crack sound right to you? – dave Dec 31 '16 at 0:08
  • What kind of pool? – Arm the good guys in America Dec 31 '16 at 1:31
  • This is not a question that really has a definitive answer--it will be people's opinions that you'll get. @KristinaLopez's link sounds like a good place to look so you can form your own opinion. – Katherine Lockwood Dec 31 '16 at 1:32
  • The writers if the batsman tv series – Kris Dec 31 '16 at 1:59

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.