I remember there's a word that means people/animal fixing their attention on something. It could be used to describe wolves or otherwise circling around preys. Does anyone know what that word might be?


2 Answers 2


Hard to know exactly what you're looking for ... so I'll focus on predators circling prey.

How about stalk?


stalk: to pursue or approach prey, quarry, etc., stealthily

Your example:

The ravenous gray wolves stalked the young injured doe.


Rapt maybe, I was taught it meant very focused but now that I look it up it says it means someone's fascinated or captivated in whatever's happening.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.