I am fascinated by the attached image but I am not sure what to call it. I have seen it labeled as a monogram of the alphabet, however that sounds bulky. As it contains all of the letters I want to call it an omnigram, would that be correct?

Bonus: If anyone has come across this image, do you have any idea of it's origin?

enter image description here

  • 2
    I'm having trouble finding W... is it just the upside-down M? That doesn't seem quite right, since W usually doesn't have parallel left and right sides.
    – herisson
    Dec 21, 2016 at 5:12
  • Maybe it’s the bottoms of the two circles.
    – Jim
    Dec 21, 2016 at 8:00
  • I've not come across U as stylized in this monogram. It's really not all that impressive, since some of the letters are highly stylized. Dec 21, 2016 at 14:24
  • It's related to a pangram - maybe it should be called a pangraph?
    – Stuart F
    Jun 10, 2022 at 20:19

2 Answers 2


A monogram is a design consisting of two or more alphabetic letters combined or interlaced, and an omnigram is an email that is sent to a large audience when it really concerns only one person. So therefore the image is a monogram.

A point of note is that it doesn't just have the A to Z in the monogram. It also has 1 to 9.


I have this as a tattoo, W is in there, I hav attached a video illustrating all of the letters. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z07CSCALs1s

  • 2
    Should probably be a comment on the question rather than an answer. Jun 10, 2022 at 17:10

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.