So there's this sound that sounds like "click" that you make if you move your tongue high up, bend it backward and then fastly hit floor of the mouth with it. I'm not even sure how it's called in my own language. If you repeat this sound many times in short amount of time it kinda sounds like a horse that is slowly walking on solid ground. Do you have any words for that sound in english?


"Tongue clap" is correct; tsk, click and clap are all in this category. North American pediatricians use it when describing a child's development to new parents (the doctor even made the sounds you describe as was my experience with my 1st born) and also in diagnosing autism (as was my adopted-sisters experience with her 1st born).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.