What do you call an area/corner where people can pick up free flyers/pamphlets/brochures? Sometimes they're on catalog stands and sometimes they're just in stacks on a table. My non-native speaking colleagues want to call it a "take free corner" but that seems unnatural to me... Please help me think of a better suggestion!

  • 2
    "Information point", perhaps? I don't think that there is a special term. – Mick Dec 7 '16 at 11:11
  • 1
    "Literature rack", "literature table", or "literature booth", depending the arrangement. – Hot Licks Dec 7 '16 at 13:13
  • or "literature desk" or "information desk" – John Feltz Dec 19 '16 at 16:06
  • The strip in Las Vegas. :-) – MikeJRamsey56 Dec 19 '16 at 18:01

You are describing a kiosk, or more specifically an information kiosk.

Of the three definitions at Merriam-Webster, the second applies well, and the third comes close, except for the "computer screen" part:

1: an open summerhouse or pavilion

2: a small structure with one or more open sides that is used to vend merchandise (as newspapers) or services (as film developing)

3: a small stand-alone device providing information and services on a computer screen

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.