When it comes to tell what is the next move or states of someone, which one of these two words are more appropriate?
A couple of examples :
You go for a job interview and you don't get a good feedback, which sentence in your opinion is more proper :
- I don't expect them to call me
- I predict that they don't call me
Someone is watching his very favorite football match, you know there is a high chance that his team to be defeated and he will be disappointed after the game, which sentence is more proper :
- I expect him to get disappointed after the game.
- I predict him to get disappointed after the game
You see someone eat junk food everyday and don't move, you know if he countines like that he will gains fat, which is the more proper sentence to describe his future :
- I expect him to get fat soon
- I predict him to get fat soon