I'm embarrassed to say I don't understand this 2nd grade homework. Can someone help me understand the concept behind exception sounds?
Do the "Sentence Marking" Activity
Have your child read the sentences and scoop into phrases. Highlight or box the exception sounds.
- Which man is the best host?
- Wind up the top and let it spin.
- Jess has a bad cold.
- Did you find the lost cat?
- Who sold the most in the class?
- The van hit the post with a jolt.
Q1 is completed as an example, with brackets under "Which man" and "is the best host", and ost in the last word highlighted as an exception sound.