I want to know what a cycle is called which one uses to sell items on the road at the back of the cycle.

  • The term is a trade bike. Or at least that used always to be the name for one with steel carrier at the front, used 50 years ago for taking goods door to door.
    – WS2
    Oct 7, 2016 at 10:36
  • Note that such bikes are essentially unknown in the US, except perhaps in a few quarters of New York City, Philadelphia, etc.
    – Hot Licks
    Oct 7, 2016 at 12:33
  • You'll probably have to narrow the field. The generic name is 'cargo bike'; in the UK, these were known as butcher's bikes (although the Royal Mail had the largest fleet). Anyway, there's quite a variety, and quite a variety of names. Currently in the US, 'long-tail bikes' are popular for delivery, etc.
    – JEL
    Oct 8, 2016 at 8:22

1 Answer 1


I think you mean Bicycle Trailer or Bicycle cart (Source)

A bicycle trailer is a motorless wheeled frame with a hitch system for transporting cargo by bicycle.

or simply, Cart can also be used (Source)

a strong open vehicle with two or four wheels, typically used for carrying loads and pulled by a horse.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.