Is it correct grammar to say "Dark of the Moon"?
Should it not be either
- "Dark (insert word here) of the Moon" if there is some dark thing of the moon, or
- "Darkness of the Moon" if the moon itself is the "dark" being described.
Example uses according to Wikipedia:
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon, a 2011 film, third in the Transformers series
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon (video game), a video game based on the 2011 film
- Dark of the Moon (play), a play by American playwrights William Berney and Howard Richardson
- "Dark of the Moon" (The Unit), an episode of the television series The Unit
- Dark of the Moon: Poems of Fantasy and the Macabre, a 1947 poetry anthology edited by August Derleth
- Dark of the Moon, a 1968 mystery novel by John Dickson Carr
- Dark of the Moon, a 2005 novel by John Sandford
- Dark of the Moon, a 2009 paranormal romance novel, third in the Dark Guardian series