I need an expression for the ambiance of when people are entering an event venue such as a hall, stadium, etc., and what to call it when this action stops.


Hubbub is the noise made by a large crowd, and the hubbub is usually said to die down.

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    Good answer. I was going to say this too. I don't know of anything else closer than Hubbub. – jimmyplaysdrums Oct 5 '16 at 15:07

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.