How can I express something bad is going to happen in a better way. Something along the lines of An ominous chain of events is starting to ensue
Here are some suggestions for informal asides:
- "I have a bad feeling about this..."
- "Nothing good can come of this."
- "The s**t's about to hit the fan." (colloquial, and offensive to some)
- "You think this is bad, wait 'til you see what's about to happen." (when the situation is already discernably "bad")
- "Well, that's thrown a spanner in the works." (BritE, and said after observing the precipitating event)
If you're asking about how to notify a superior of an impending system failure or political snafu, you could try:
- "(Sir/Mr...insert title here), there's no good way to say this, but... [brief statement of the impending consequences of the failure]. But I think I have a way to (avert/mitigate/contain the damage)/(correct the problem)." (Explanation of what happened to follow upon request.) Do your best to bring at least one proposed solution when reporting the problem, and ideally bring a small party of experts with you.
I had to read quite a bit into your question; I trust some of this will be helpful.