The top 25% is the top quartile. The top 10% is the top decile. The top 1% is the top percentile.

Is there a term for the equivalent for the top 0.5%, i.e. 1-in-200?

  • 1
    Top 200-quantile? You can see this to know about the q-quantiles that have special names. – Nagarajan Shanmuganathan Sep 16 '16 at 13:07
  • OK. Your ref to wikipedia suggests that the word does not exist. Thanks – Mr T Sep 16 '16 at 13:23
  • Yes, the link doesn't have a special name for what you've asked for. That is why I gave my own suggestion as 200-quantile. – Nagarajan Shanmuganathan Sep 16 '16 at 13:33
  • Actually, the top 1 percent is 99th percentile. We don't say top percentile, percentile is always rank ordered bottom to top. – Phil Sweet Sep 16 '16 at 17:22

I guess you could say a "half-percentile".

  • See my comment above, it would be ninety-nine-and-one-half percentile. – Phil Sweet Sep 16 '16 at 17:26
  • I would go decimal, for example, top 99.5 percentile. – aparente001 Sep 16 '16 at 19:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.