Mathematics has many words for the people who specialise in particular subdisciplines:
- geometers, who study geometry
- algebraists, who study algebra
- combinatorialists, who study combinatorics
- probabilists, who study probability
- statisticians, who study statistics
- analysts, who study analysis
- ???, who study partial differential equations
Partial differential equations (PDEs) is a large field in mathematics, with many people working in it. It would be nice to have a word by which to refer to those people, along with all the other words for people in other parts of maths.
What is the noun for a person who studies PDEs?
The conference will be of interest to all manner of analysts: measure theorists, numerical analysts, functional analysts, and [???].