What word describes an author who publishes many works?

"Profuse" comes to mind, but this word has a broader meaning.


I think 'prolific' is a decent choice here.

From Dictionary.com:

  1. producing in large quantities or with great frequency; highly productive: a prolific writer.
| improve this answer | |

intellectually productive or fecund come to mind though I find "prolific" (already mentioned in an answer) a better choice.

  • "productive" - MW - Marked by abundant production or achievement: a productive career.

  • "fecund" - TFD - Characterized by intellectual productivity: a fecund mind.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.