Is there a word for the field of study of how technology affects societies?

For example: How cheap cars affects the design of cities.


As suggested in a comment, the closest thing would be STS, or Science, Technology, and Society. There is no one focus of scientific study on how technology affects society alone, but how they affect and develop each other. Here's a link to the National Science Foundation's division on STS: http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=5324

  • 3
    Hi AKate47, welcome to English Language & Usage. If you think you might use our site again (and I hope you do!), please make sure you take the Tour. :-) – Chappo Says SE Dudded Monica Aug 20 '16 at 11:29

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.