If a society sends weekly emails to its members, those emails can be referred to as "e-newsletters".

Then, what would emails giving notice of elections, by-elections or general meetings, and other such events be called? I was thinking of "governance emails" but I'm not too sure.

  • 1
    What's wrong with "emails"? – Hot Licks Aug 17 '16 at 22:37
  • e-notices, e-intimations? – Spagirl Aug 18 '16 at 9:43

I believe that the closest thing to what you are looking for is called a disclaimer. This is what political committees call them anyways. They have to send out disclaimers for three things, Political committees must include a disclaimer on (1) all "public communications", (2) bulk electronic email and (3) web sites available to the general public. Hope this helps

  • 2
    I think you misread the question. – Hot Licks Aug 18 '16 at 1:15
  • Hi Jordan, welcome to English Language & Usage. Thanks for your contribution. If you think you might use our site again (and I hope you do!), please make sure you take the Tour. Note that you can always revise your answer to take into account helpful feedback, by clicking on the edit link. There's also no disgrace in deleting your answer and looking for another question to focus on. :-) – Reinstate Monica Aug 28 '16 at 3:45

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.