Gigantism is a disease of having abnormally large size.

Is there a grammatical rule that says that it should be called "gigantism" and not "giantism"?

  • 2
    It's probably derived from gigantic rather than giant. – Helmar Aug 8 '16 at 11:48
  • There are two words, giantism and gigantism. While they are synonymous (ie can be interchanged in some usages with little/no (no here) change in meaning, dictionary definitions of all senses are not identical. – Edwin Ashworth Aug 8 '16 at 12:05

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.