Is there any word for who studies properties of gold?

I think goldsmith would be inappropriate cause goldsmith is one who works on it rather having proper theoretical knowledge about it.


Though not specific to gold, mineralogist is a profession related to the study of gold properties:

  • The study of minerals, including their distribution, identification, and properties.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.