This question already has an answer here:

What do you call somebody who can read but cannot write?

I found the term semiliterate, the Free Dictionary says

  1. Having achieved an elementary level of ability in reading and writing.

But Oxford Dictionaries defines it as

semi-literate: Unable to read or write with ease or fluency; poorly educated:

I want a word that means a person who only knows how to read. Is there such a word?

marked as duplicate by GoldenGremlin, user140086, TimLymington, Mari-Lou A, Hot Licks Jun 26 '16 at 13:29

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 2
    Definitely a duplicate. Agraphic seems the best choice. – GoldenGremlin Jun 26 '16 at 12:58

I don't think there is any specific word but there are three that come close enough:

  1. A dysgraphic is someone who has difficulty in writing, but may still be able to write.
  2. A completely paralysed literate is someone who can read but cannot move any part of his body and thus, cannot be said to be able to write, at least not physically.
  3. Find someone you know who can read but cannot write. His or her name is the one you are looking for.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.