What is a single word to describe someone who enjoys interacting with children, or/and is good with kids?

closed as off-topic by GoldenGremlin, user140086, Max Williams, Drew, Phil Sweet Jun 23 '16 at 0:21

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions on choosing an ideal word or phrase must include information on how it will be used in order to be answered. For help writing a good word or phrase request, see: About single word requests" – Community, Phil Sweet
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


Perhaps nurturer would encompass this, although the word tends to cover a much broader kinds of relationship (e.g. nurse and patient). This also assumes a link between being "good" with kids, and "nurturing" them, and I suppose you can joke around with kids without necessarily nurturing them (like a clown).

Paternal or maternal might also fit the bill, but, again, it also depends on how someone interacts with kids.