Is there a term or word to describe people in internet feeling very same, like if they were doing absolutely same things using internet?

Here in the web we have too many apps and websites, but many people sometimes use same. This creates "hubs" or "circles" of disconnected people, but with close feelings and possibly interests, doing same things (like using same social network and following same public persons).

How can i call such people or their "phenomenon of thinking sameness"?


3 Answers 3



Having similar opinions or interests

"A dedicated football fan herself, she started the online community for likeminded women"


Try tribe or digital tribe

A community of people with common interests.

  • That was i also looking for. Unfortunately question was locked:(
    – Croll
    Commented May 13, 2016 at 16:18

I think you are looking for online/virtual community:

  • An online community is a virtual community whose members interact with each other primarily via the Internet. For many, online communities may feel like home, consisting of a “family of invisible friends."Those who wish to be a part of an online community usually have to become a member via a specific site and necessarily need an internet connection.

  • An online community can act as an information system where members can post, comment on discussions, give advice or collaborate. Commonly, people communicate through social networking sites, chat rooms, forums, e-mail lists and discussion boards. People may also join online communities through video games, blogs and virtual worlds.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.