For example, "Confectionaries" is to refer to all kinds of candy. I'm looking for a word to describe all sorts of things one might find on the office table (pen, paper, paper clips etc)


Office paraphernalia might work.


Stationery might work. It mainly means paper and writing implements, but it can also mean staplers etc.

  • 1
    Can you improve your answer by providing some support such as an example of stationery being used in such a broad way?
    – Phil Sweet
    May 6 '16 at 15:05

First of all, I believe that you’re talking about a desk.  An office would have tables in conference rooms (for meetings) and for food, but these tables generally wouldn’t have pens, paper clips, etc., on them (except, perhaps, during meetings).

I can’t think of a good single (collective) word for those items, but office supplies seems to be a very common phrase.

  • Right. I was just finding it hard to describe. I was really looking for the term to refer to "things used to perform an activity" and I remember "paraphernalia" used in conjunction with "office supplies". A tip of the tongue moment :) @KWinker solved it
    – krisharav
    May 18 '16 at 16:29

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.