I did a search on thesaurus.com for the word wavering, and one of the suggested synonyms that was listed was irresoluteoscillating.

However, the Oxford and Merriam-Webster dictionaries did not have the word listed (Oxford: link, MW: link).

I suspect this is an error on behalf of Thesaurus.com.

  • It appears the words "irresolute" and "oscillating" have been concatenated by some kind of code error. You might want to report it. – plagueheart May 5 '16 at 4:58

Actually, with a space as two words it is a useful phrase for wavering: irresolute oscillating.

| improve this answer | |
  • Indeed. I asked because I thought there was a small chance that it could be a strange portmanteau. – reesjones May 5 '16 at 5:30

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.