What is the correct plural for double-barrelled surnames: is it "the Scott Fitzgeralds" or the "Scotts Fitzgerald"?

  • Usually "the Scott-Fitzgeralds" i think. May 4, 2016 at 8:03

1 Answer 1



When there is no obvious principle word in a compound noun, you pluralize at the end.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.