How do you term the finalizing dialogue used when ending a phone conversation.Particularly with a loved one like a close immediate family member,Partener &/or offspring.

  • Thanks Guys..Sometimes answers can be right in front of our eyes,Occasiionally you just need a friend to help you focus")
    – Marko
    Apr 27, 2016 at 0:52
  • Apologies..Writing on a (occasionally not so) smartphone keyboard..
    – Marko
    Apr 27, 2016 at 1:03

1 Answer 1


A signoff is typically the last recognizable key-phrase in communication.

For informal communication with close family, "saying your [cherished] goodbyes" might be a better fit.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.