I want the the one word that is used for someone that enjoy making friends.

closed as off-topic by Hellion, sumelic, Kristina Lopez, ab2, Nathaniel Apr 19 '16 at 18:59

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions on choosing an ideal word or phrase must include information on how it will be used in order to be answered. For help writing a good word or phrase request, see: About single word requests" – Hellion, sumelic, Kristina Lopez, ab2, Nathaniel
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 2
    There isn't just one word, there are several. And you may be interested in English Language Learners for future questions (read this for more information about that). – J.R. Apr 19 '16 at 16:31
  • Sociable, affable, an extrovert, socialite, outgoing, gregarious – Michael Apr 19 '16 at 16:35
  • Err... what's wrong with the obvious friendly? – FumbleFingers Apr 19 '16 at 16:42
  • 1
    Do you want a noun or an adjective? Please give an example sentence with a blank space where you would like to use this word. – sumelic Apr 19 '16 at 17:11

Consider sociable


  • inclined to associate with or be in the company of others.

  • friendly or agreeable in company; companionable.

  • characterized by agreeable companionship.

If the person doesn't like loneliness and needs company, you may say that he is "gregarious".


I'd suggest, friendship-oriented

In general, Americans are slightly more friendship-oriented than Europeans and considerably more friendship-oriented than Asians or Africans.

The "average American" book by Barry Tarshis

For example, women appear to be more friendship-oriented and practical as well as less game-playing in their love styles than do men. Men are more inclined toward casual sexuality than are women.

The Handbook of Sexuality in Close Relationships

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.