The question just popped out on seeing my colleague who sits next to me. He always keeps rotating sitting on the chair. Well, not a complete rotation. Since it is not a full rotation, all I can think of is to call it oscillating, since he rotates (oscillates) to his right and left having his feet on the floor, but I am not sure if that person can understand when I say, "Hey, can you not oscillate for some time?". This is because I don't know if oscillation can be used for used for a movement that happens in a circular fashion.

Is there an exact term/phrase for this action? I don't think shaking would be a good fit either.

1 Answer 1


He keeps swiveling in his chair.


"She swiveled in her seat to check the time. She swiveled the chair around to face us."


swivel chairs

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.