This question already has an answer here:
- [S]he has the ears of a …? 11 answers
What word or phrase could be used to accurately describe when someone has excellent or super-sensitive hearing far beyond that of most people, where they might have, for example:
- the ability to hear in detail a much further distance, for example an approaching aircraft 10 seconds before anyone else can hear it;
- increased ability to differentiate and split sounds to identify and process them in parallel, for example listen to 5 or more different conversations at once in a noise room and be able to relay what was said later;
- the ability to hear a frequency and quickly identify it approximately;
- frustration that they always tune-in to constant or repeating background noises/sounds such as generated by electrical appliances, transformers, vibrations, ticking clocks, dripping taps, several rooms away, and even if so quiet no-one else can hear them or notice them except up close.