Is there a word in English language that describes that something (two or more values or things) is changing (i.e., grows) at the same or similar rate or pace?

  • At the same rate of what?
    – user66974
    Mar 11, 2016 at 22:00
  • @Josh61, Speed for example
    – Vlad
    Mar 11, 2016 at 22:04
  • 3
    You could say it has uniform growth or linear growth. Mar 11, 2016 at 22:04
  • Corrected the question, it's poorly worded, sorry. English is not my first language.
    – Vlad
    Mar 11, 2016 at 22:09
  • 1
    For two words, there's "growing in tandem."
    – Papa Poule
    Mar 11, 2016 at 22:18

3 Answers 3


Synchronized may suggests changes that happen at the same rate:

  • Adj. - operating in unison; "the synchronized flapping of a bird's wings"
  • That suggests more that multiple things are growing at the same time to me, rather than one thing growing at the same rate. Mar 11, 2016 at 22:06
  • As this appears to be the OP's intent, have an upvote. Mar 11, 2016 at 22:14

An expression for this that is more idiomatic is to "keep pace with":

The Collins English Dictionary defines "keep pace with" as:

to proceed at the same speed as


Vlad, we've synchronous or synchronic to mean changing in same time @ exactly the same pace & rythm. Simultaneous could be another word to fit your request.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.