Imagine the following conversation

Alice: "Here is the document you asked for."

Bob: "Oh, thanks so much."

Alice: "Don't mention it."

So the second person was thanking the first. Afterwards, Alice had a choice of expressions, as illustrated in that question. But is there a name for it? Could one fill the following

After being thanked by Bob, Alice ______________ .

  • Note that I am not too strict about single of single word requests. – clem steredenn Mar 5 '16 at 21:45

Several answers to the question you linked in your question refer to “acknowledging [receipt of]” the “thank you”:

Alice acknowledged Bob’s show of appreciation with a smile.

(from MacMillan Dictionary, definition 2)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.