Is there a name, term, or idiom for this gesture, the one buddy christ is doing here? Or a name similar to this gesture?

enter image description here

  • It's the "I see what you did there" gesture! :) – BiscuitBoy Feb 26 '16 at 7:14

Point and wink comes pretty close (here), but doesn't get you the thumbs up. In fact, the image you posted shows up in that search result.

A related gesture is finger guns, which is usually playful and positive and often accompanied by a wink (here).

In fact, if you google image search "Jesus finger guns", you'll get a lot of results showing the image of Buddy Christ.

  • 2
    Along with "finger guns", "double guns" – BruceWayne Feb 26 '16 at 5:16
  • Although it's also true that a "finger gun" has gotten at least one child suspended from school in the US. – WhatRoughBeast Feb 26 '16 at 14:41

I don't believe there's a single term for this. Rather, it's two gestures combined:

• Pointing and winking, indicating a personal or covert understanding

• "Thumbs up", indicating approval

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.