Say you have a rocket in the incorrect orientation, and it moves into the correct orientation, what is a word instead of moves that describes what the rocket did?

  • Hi user112513312, I have added the tag single-word-requests to this post as you are essentially looking for a word. Please include a usage sentence in accordance with the tag-info that will attract more answers.
    – BiscuitBoy
    Feb 10, 2016 at 4:32

2 Answers 2


I would use align; depending on the exact situation, one or the other of these definitions might apply:

  • to arrange things so that they form a line or are in proper position
  • to change (something) so that it agrees with or matches something else

(source merriam-webster.com)

The rocket might be aligned with some target it is being launched towards, or simply with an imaginary line that it must be pointed along in order to reach its target.

Another possibility is simply aim.



( Orientation alignment , Orientation fit are two words )

  • 2
    Reoriented would better address the single-word request.
    – Lawrence
    Feb 10, 2016 at 5:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.