I think it kind of rhymes with 'edifice' or *'Irifice' or something.

Can someone give me a word for the face of a mountainous brown rock?

  • Thanks @jimm101 If you don't mind, may I ask you why shouldn't we change the title. I thought it would be better removed and added in body.
    – haha
    Feb 7 '16 at 2:22
  • It's more in line with the author's original intent, and clarifies the question. The question isn't for any word, but a rhyming one.
    – jimm101
    Feb 7 '16 at 2:37
  • @jimm101 OK. Got it. Thanks very much.
    – haha
    Feb 7 '16 at 2:47

A precipice: a very steep side of a mountain or cliff (Merriam-Webster)

enter image description here


Cornice a mass of snow, ice, rock projecting over a mountain ridge, cliff or corrie.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.