I know someone who barely moves his arms when he walks, a bit like Frankenstein's monster.

There is a Seinfeld episode ("The Summer of George") in which someone with the same behaviour is made fun of by Elaine who describes it as if "she's carrying invisible suitcases".

Is there a term for people like that?

  • 1
    For Frank's monster I would say "stiffly".
    – Hot Licks
    Jan 28, 2016 at 12:30
  • Or perhaps "like a zombie".
    – Hot Licks
    Jan 28, 2016 at 18:32

2 Answers 2


This question brought to mind a toy we had when I was a kid. It was made popular on the TV show "Romper Room" Plastic cylinders (like small coffee cans) with loops of cord attached - and you'd stand on them, hold the cords taut, and clomp around with your arms at your sides.

If you called this person a Romper Stomper I'm pretty sure folks of my generation would understand. (Sorry about you young'uns - you have so few amusements that don't involve electronics) (US)

  • Ah! Australian skinheads. I get it.
    – Ricky
    Jan 28, 2016 at 12:13
  • Sorry Ricky, I forgot about the rest of the English-speaking planet. I'll edit accordingly.
    – Oldbag
    Jan 28, 2016 at 15:08

He is perhaps walking with dangling arms.

enter image description here

I like to believe that Junho really does harbor otherworldly hypnotic power over the 2PM boys and can "conduct" them in their zombie form at his free will, to cater to his every whim with their limp dangling arms and stumbling zombie feet.

  • Looks like zombies dancing their version of "Gangam style"!
    – BiscuitBoy
    Jan 28, 2016 at 13:31

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.