Please, suggest any single word that can define the meaning of this following phrase:

Group of intelligent people.

marked as duplicate by Lawrence, Community Jan 27 '16 at 12:30

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • Welcome to ELU. For single-word-requests we require an example sentence showing where the word will fit. For this question I think it is pretty obvious, but I suggest you edit the question to include this anyway. – AndyT Jan 27 '16 at 11:38
  • The illuminati. The mystagogues. The help. – Ricky Jan 27 '16 at 11:59


The intellectual elite of a society.


Intellectuals fit your description.

Upper crust

The highest social class or group.


elite group - a group or class of persons enjoying superior intellectual or social or economic status

  • 1
    I think you should edit your here and post it up again. You could just say "it isn't an imperative, but it's a use of "anadiplodocus" or whatever it was :) – Araucaria Jan 30 '16 at 13:12

Consider Geniuses:

A person having an exceptional natural capacity of intellect, especially as shown in creative and original work in science, art, music, etc.

A person having an extraordinarily high intelligence rating on a psychological test, as an IQ above 140

or possibly Boffins:

A scientist or technical expert

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.