Is there a word for phrase for when you look for something over and over in the same places unsuccessfully then find it there when you look again?

  • 3
    I have it written down here somewhere ... Let me look ... – Hot Licks Jan 27 '16 at 2:01
  • 2
    The word changes based on how old you are. – Jim Jan 27 '16 at 2:49
  • 1
    "It's been staring me in the face all this time." – Hugh Jan 27 '16 at 3:18
  • Could you provide an example sentence explaining how you wish to use it, please? – BiscuitBoy Jan 27 '16 at 7:49
  • It's called a "man look" or "boy look" when a man or boy is looking for ages and when a woman or girl find it immediately. – Neil Robertson Jan 27 '16 at 11:52

be (right) under your nose

"I ​spent all ​morning ​looking for the ​book, and it was ​right under my nose the ​whole ​time."

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.