- "I'm going back to the clubhouse; there are trusty people there."
- "I'm going back to the clubhouse; there are trustworthy people there."
- Definition: having served for a long time and regarded as reliable or faithful.
- Synonyms: reliable, dependable, trustworthy
- Definition: able to be relied on as honest or truthful
- Synonyms: reliable, dependable, honest
They appear to share many synonyms as well as the idea of reliability. The use of "trusty" is archaic and and seems almost comical now, but why is "trusty sidekick" acceptable, and why is "trusty person" not?