There are several technical terms for which I am struggling with the capitalization, such as
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Controller Area Network (CAN)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)
I am not sure when to use them capitalized and when not. For all of them I can find both versions (small and capitalized) at Google Scholar. I am not sure how established such a term should be in order to count as "proper noun" and thus has to be capitalized. Are there any rules? Would it be ok to just write all of them in small letters?