What is the correct term for the implement (usually with a little flat hook) used to clean under finger- and toenails?

EDIT: found an image. This is the doodad I'm talking about:

enter image description here


A Nail file, nail pusher or cleaner is what you would use:

  • A nail file is a tool used to gently grind down and shape the edges of nails. They are often used in manicures and pedicures after the nail has been trimmed using appropriate nail clippers.

enter image description here Nail pusher/cleaner

  • 2
    Keys, tweezers, and credit cards are used pretty often too. – Ricky Dec 2 '15 at 8:08
  • See updated question with image. What is that specific implement called? – Shaul Behr Dec 2 '15 at 8:16
  • @Ricky - LOL :D – Shaul Behr Dec 2 '15 at 8:16
  • @ShaulBehr - that a nail file with a hook for cleaning. A nail cleaner. – user66974 Dec 2 '15 at 8:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.