Some politicians nowadays are twice as nice but half as smart. Most voters end up choosing the nice guy instead of the brilliant one.

Is there a term to this kind of politician, or any person that has a job that needs to lead a group of people like managers, businessman, etc?

  • 1
    A blowhard? A nincompoop? A chump? – Ricky Nov 20 '15 at 15:47
  • The Harry Enfield character 'Tim, nice but dim' comes to mind :) – Darren Young Nov 20 '15 at 16:00
  • 6
    If a politician is nice but not smart, that puts him ahead of the vast majority, who are neither smart nor nice. – Ernest Friedman-Hill Nov 20 '15 at 16:45
  • 1
    I've heard the term all hat and no cowboy. – Minnow Nov 20 '15 at 18:01

First: You sort of answered your own question. They are called politicians.

For Real: I would recommend 'petty' or 'shallow'.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.