I knew a word that meant wayside grass in English; but now I can not remember.

3 Answers 3


Are you thinking of verge?

  • 2
    This answers verges on the correct.
    – MT_Head
    Commented Jun 4, 2011 at 21:48
  • grrr... "answer", I meant...
    – MT_Head
    Commented Jun 5, 2011 at 1:16

If not the verge, then perhaps the median, which is the (usually grassy) strip in the middle of a divided road.


You probably weren't thinking of way-waste; but I like it so much I have to suggest it.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.