This question already has an answer here:
- Understanding dichotomy [closed] 4 answers
Are these dichotomies in the context of software engineering?
- Precision vs Accuracy (concensus so far: NO, and I agree)
- Authorization vs Authentication (concensus so far: NO, and I agree)
- Validation vs Verification (concensus so far: NO, and I agree)
- Security vs Convenience MAYBE (when making engineering decisions it is important to identify which is more important depending on the problem being solved. Adding Convenience does not necessarily diminish security, but it seldom improves it. But these aren't quite complementary.. I think?)
- Space vs Time tradeoff YES (as far as I can tell, trade-offs are good examples of dichotomies if they complementary, such as: mind vs body, nature vs nurture, good vs evil, memory heap vs stack. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichotomy - I was tempted to include "male vs female," but these days gender is, uh, complicated)