I would like to know which manuals of style and typography are the most common ones for British and American English. I am interested in the basic manuals and the manuals for technical scientists (physicists, chemists, mathematicians, programmers and engineers).

I would be very much obliged if you can recommend me any manuals, both books and websites.

closed as primarily opinion-based by tchrist, FumbleFingers, Chenmunka, JEL, Hellion Oct 15 '15 at 15:10

Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  1. This link may help you:

    In particular, it lists style manuals to use for Anthropology, Business, Education, Psychology, and other Social Sciences, Sociology, Literature, History,Physical, Natural, and Social Sciences, Science, and the Humanities.

  2. Likewise, this link which lists writing style guides for medical sciences and technical persons.

  3. Handbook of Typography for the Mathematical Sciences by Steven G. Krantz

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.