I am looking for a single word which refers to the group of people that are always there for you and supporting you to achieve your goals. In this case it's about friends, family and business relations. Is there a single word for this kind of group?

It's for a title that needs a single word.

  • They're your "peeps".
    – Hot Licks
    Commented Sep 29, 2015 at 13:04
  • They are absolutely supportive. Where can I find a group of people like that?
    – Gigili
    Commented Sep 29, 2015 at 13:11
  • Is the context professional or personal? Why not just "supporters"? Commented Sep 29, 2015 at 13:15
  • Perhaps, this group is "your supportive community".
    – Graffito
    Commented Sep 29, 2015 at 14:21

3 Answers 3


Use these words:




I think the 1st. one would be nicely compatible in the situation of your description.



Noun : something that supports

Verb : sustain, strengthen

... in Australia, they are props of nationalism and a national narrative; in the United States, they play into the cult of the sensational; and to human rights watchers,...


a government propped up by the military.


Stalwart is one word that comes to mind. Although it's not one word, could you not use towers of strength or pillars of strength? If it is only one word that you're looking for then I suggest mainstay.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.