What do you call someone who studies/majors in biotechnology?

  • The question is ambiguous. Does it mean one who has studied and is now qualified, or one who is currently a student?
    – Kris
    Commented Sep 14, 2015 at 10:06
  • 1
    He is an "undergraduate who is pursuing Biotechnology" - Bio-technologist here. Commented Sep 14, 2015 at 11:21

1 Answer 1


I believe a biotechnologist refers to the career. So if you're referring to someone who studies/majors in biotechnology, you could just say biotech students or biotech majors.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.