Very often in movies there are guests that insult their host or cause grief to their host on purpose or by just being clumsy for whatever reason, is there a word for such people? in either good or bad context?

Further explanation : Type of people that are good by their actions and deeds, but verbally they are abusive and unpleasant? They have a contradicting duality of not showing respect, yet they behave with best interest of the host.

  • Related.
    – tchrist
    Aug 23, 2015 at 5:53
  • 1
    If you're talking to fellow film buffs, you might refer to this type of guest as "a Boudu."
    – Sven Yargs
    Aug 24, 2015 at 7:40

1 Answer 1


Sociopath. That word may be a little extreme thou.

  • Impolite is a bit milder. I would have nuked it but once you post .... that's seems to be it.
    – user116032
    Aug 23, 2015 at 1:30
  • Apologies, I forgot to mention that although verbally they are insulting the guest their actions are exactly opposite. They will help and will have the good intentions towards their host, yet they cant help themselves with what they say.
    – jimjim
    Aug 24, 2015 at 7:51

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.