Like a term for someone you had a falling out with and no longer associate with? I'm looking for something that doesn't still have the term 'friend' in it.

  • My associate. My acquaintance. My neighbor. My co-worker. – GEdgar Aug 13 '15 at 19:04

I'd say that is a former friend. [edit, courtesy Papa Poule] or a former pal/chum/compadre


1 Having previously been a particular thing:
her former boyfriend

1.1 Of or occurring in the past:
the seafarers of former times

2 (the former) Denoting the first or first mentioned of two people or things:
I take the former view


  • Looking for something that doesn't still have the term 'friend' in it. – Casey Aug 13 '15 at 8:32
  • Clear. But foe is such a strong term... Someone actually never a real friend? – Bookeater Aug 13 '15 at 8:33
  • You'd think there'd be some term between friend and enemy :( – Casey Aug 13 '15 at 8:38
  • Mmmm backstabber? – Bookeater Aug 13 '15 at 8:40
  • Lol... "This picture here was taken by my backstabber" "My backstabber and I use to sneak into the graveyard at night" "I went there once with my backstabber" – Casey Aug 13 '15 at 8:44

You could say





He who shall remain nameless

Hugo the Treacherous (or whatever the person's name is)

This might make for a colorful recounting:

This picture here was taken by Hugo the Treacherous.

I had a housemate who referred to her ex as Shithead. She refused to refer to him by name.

I went there once with Shithead.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.