I need an adjective to call someone who gets bullied. An adjective for a victim.

  • 1
    Simply bullying victim or "bully victim" or "victim of bullying". – Graffito Aug 11 '15 at 20:13
  • 2
    Or "the poor victimized soul who suffered the endless indignities inflicted by the cruel bully" – Hellion Aug 11 '15 at 20:20
  • 7
    How about "bullied"? – Doug Warren Aug 11 '15 at 20:21
  • 1
    I would go with victimized or preyed upon – Yeshe Aug 11 '15 at 20:47
  • 1
    As @DougWarren intimates, "bullied" is an adjective. Same way you could say a "the poor ___ child" where the blank is tormented, harried, pestered, etc. – stevesliva Aug 12 '15 at 5:36

The word bullied itself can be used in the exact context you requested.

He is bullied.

The bullied child is crying.


Bullied, as suggested by ws04, is the obvious answer. But I'd like to add a synonym - tyrannized. Other words that could work include tormented and oppressed.


A noun, goat

(n) a victim of ridicule or pranks (vocabulary.com)

  • 1
    That is not commonly applied to someone subjected to physical bullying. – Hot Licks Aug 12 '15 at 19:00

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.